‘City Centre hotel in highly competitive environment with limited dining numbers and fighting and losing battle on market share’.
- Hotel needs to protect it market share and hold onto its users within this highly competitive mature market
- The competition has eroded prices but hotel should use membership innovation as a way of placing them above their competitors
- Hotel needs to exceed customers expectations in order to start a turnaround
- Use aggressive first year benefits with exemplary service standards from hotel to attract new members and hold existing
- Benefits to cover all areas are tie-in with Design Restaurants for instant access to new member areas and increase leverage for hotel
- Use calling campaign to approach all viable local customers and those of the competitors
- Implement retention campaign to existing clients and fulfilment to members to strengthen ties
- Seek for referrals promotion
General awareness of the hotel proved to be limited prior to the campaign. Membership gave new image and extended life to the product. Campaign brought immediate effects two weeks from implementation and has been sustainable and increases monthly with a well maintained communication structure. Hotel has shown to be an innovator with its consumers in communication well ahead of competitors who lack the technology and client data to send to.